|From babyzone article : 10 things toddlers know and adults dont|
Luckily ketchup considered as the nutritious food since it has the tomatoes as vitamin C source :)
OK now, lets read about ketchup which i found here.
Interesting facts about KetchupThere are very few people in the world who haven't tried Ketchup. Ketchup is a major condiment that many can not live without, especially on foods such as hamburgers and hot dogs. In fact. Ketchup is so popular that it
falls just 3% shy of being found in 100% of people's kitchens.The next time you go to grab ketchup from your fridge, think about these interesting facts that you probably didnt know about your favourite condiment.
Ketchup Facts:-The Original Ketchup, known as Catsup did Not Contain Tomatoes
- 97% of American keep ketchup in their kitchen.
- The main ingredients in Ketchup used to be anchovies, walnuts, mushrooms and kidnet beans
- Ketchup was first for sale to the public by F. & J. Heinz Company back in 1876.
- Each person eats about 3 bottles of ketchup a year.
- A tablespoon of ketchup has 16 and no fat.
- By eating just 4 tablespoons of ketchup you will receive the same of an entire medium sized tomato.
- Ketchup is similar to wine in that there are good and bad ketchup years depending on the tomato harvest.
- Most ketchup brands are made from tomato paste or tomato concentrate
- Ketchup made from ripe tomatoes in summer.
- You can use Ketchup to restore the glow to your since the acid in ketchup removes the tarnish.
- Ketchup is one of the few packaged foods that does not use preservatives